Sunday, September 28, 2008

Mountains Majesty





That last post didn't turn out like I expected. In fact, I didn't even intend to post it yet. I guess there is more of a learning curve here than I first expected. Bare with me...there are pictures to share!

These from the main deck of the cabin. See how redundant they are?
Every time I walked out on that deck I thought I had to have a picture of that! The result of course is that I have lots of pictures of the same view at different times of the day. I chose this cabin for it's spectacular view. It emanates peace and tranquility and I can still feel the relief of it just looking at the pictures.

We stood there in awe of the view, four survivors, all in need of a healthy dose of peace and tranquility. There it was...ours for the weekend.

My cabin mates were two of Angie's best friends, Kelli and Kyle, and my friend, Gail, who also loves Angie.
We all have the love of Angie in common. We came here to celebrate her life, to share some of our best memories of her, to laugh, to continue our healing.... from the highest reaches possible. Mission accomplished.

We came here to escape our own daily routines, dramas, and grinds; to kick back, relax and enjoy this beautiful place together with no agenda. We spent a lot of time together, but if anyone wanted to escape to be alone to nap or to read, the cabin had three floors, each with a deck and this spectacular view. There was plenty of room to do our own thing.

I was in charge of cooking though, so they had to look me up several times a day at least! :)

I think this is my favorite view of these mountains. I watched every breath of this sunset. The fog rising from the valley floor seemed ethereal as the light slipped behind the peaks.
It was awesome.

I can see this will take a little longer than I'd expected. I'll share more in the days to come.


J

No comments: